We are delighted you have chosen to fundraise for Pepper. With our support we can help you to reach your target and enjoy the fundraising experience along the way. Simple fundraising ideas are often the best and you can bring in a surprising amount of money with just a little effort.
First you need to decide how would you like to fundraise. Do you want to:
• Organise an event?
• Fundraise through your company, school or club?
• Take part in a sponsored activity?
• Join an active event or challenge?
As soon as you have decided on your fundraising activity, registered your own place on a sponsored event or challenge, or have been accepted for a place on one of our charity events, you can start your fundraising - it’s never too early.
Tip: Use social media - it’s a great tool to get your event noticed!
Decide how you would like to fundraise.
Give yourself plenty of time. Start early and be creative! Make it fun and involve family, friends and colleagues at your place of work or school. Let us know what you are doing and when and don’t forget to ask for help and support if required. We can provide you with promotional leaflets, collection boxes/buckets and Pepper logo balloons which can help bring your fundraising event to the attention of others. We can also assist you with poster/leaflet design if you need some inspiration.
Fundraising ideas you might like to consider include:
• Charity Ball, family fun day, quiz or curry night
• Enter one of our fantastic active events
• Register to take part in a marathon or a sponsored cycle, run or skydive
• Arrange a 'Pepper pink or purple day' at your place of work or school
We can provide you with a tailor made sponsor form for your event, or you may like to download a generic fundraising sponsorship form.
Book your venue, register for your place.
Set up a Just Giving page or Virgin Money page and include images and details of your fundraising event. You can share your page with friends and start raising money for Pepper. It couldn't be simpler! Learn more about Just Giving and Virgin Money here.
Tip: Don’t forget to encourage your sponsors or donors to Gift Aid their donation
(they have to be a taxpayer to do this), which will substantially increase their donation at no cost to them. Here’s why.
Fundraising Do’s & Don’t
• Set yourself a target, if you are hoping to raise a large amount, break it down into smaller chunks
• Think about time of year, taking into account school holidays and clashes with any large events in your area
• Location - book early - the best venues get booked up quickly. Check for suitable parking etc
• Keep your costs down, ask for charity rates
• Keep it legal - make sure you apply for any licences required if you are selling alcohol or staging some musical events
• Think about your target audience
• Set out an advertising and social media campaign
• Ask for help from friends and family
• Take photographs of your event and let us have an electronic copy. We produce a newsletter and upload information on our website and always like to include details of our supporters events and achievements
Sending in your donation
Ideally any money you raise for Pepper should be sent to us within six weeks of your fundraising activity. You will receive a written acknowledgement from us and a receipt can be requested for your records.
Please do not send cash in the post. We are happy to accept cash donations if they are brought in person to the Pepper administration office in Icknield Way, Tring. Contact Administration and Support Manager Donna Hughes on 01442 507324 to arrange.
There are many other ways to pay in the proceeds from your fundraising .
The Pepper Foundation cannot accept any responsibility for your event, nor for anyone who participates in it. Download our fundraising toolkit for informatioin on keeping things safe and legal.